As a kid, my family always went down to Macy's (Dayton's) 8th floor holiday display to see Santa and its something that we are continuing today with the girls. The past 2 years we've went there on Christmas Eve morning and its great- short lines, no crowds, just perfect! And Santa is still there because he doesn't need to get into his sleigh until nighttime:) It's been a really great way to start our day since we go to church at 4:30pm and then to the Vetsch Christmas after that.
Just this year, on Chirstmas Eve, after the girls got out of the bathtub, they walked to their room wrapped in their towels to go get their pajamas on and found a present on the floor from Mom and Dad. Another tradition that I'd like to continue, it was Christmas pajamas for each of them. Especially cute for pictures by the tree on Christmas morning!
Another Tradition that Johnny has started is reading "The Night Before Christmas" to the girls on Christmas Eve. They sit on the couch and cuddle up- its the only time of year that they read that book. Johnny makes sure to hide it until that night.
When I was young, we always went to the Hollidazzle Parade, but I'm not brave enough for that one yet. Seems like a lot of work with little ones right now! Maybe when everyone is a little older:) So, that's it for now, I'm sure as our girls and future kids get older we will create more family traditions.
No comments:
Post a Comment